The UK is home to over 600,000 international students from across the world studying in both graduate and undergraduate courses. The top UK universities sponsor Tier 4 (General visa) to a number of students. Getting this visa will put you a step closer to the best career and higher studies in the UK. But to get a student visa, there are a number of steps to meet to study in UK from India. If you are someone applying for a UK study visa, read on to understand the process.
Types of UK Student Visa
Before starting your visa application with the best UK student visa consultants, you need to know which types of visa you are eligible for. There are mainly two types of visas offered for international students in UK.
Short-Term Study Visa
If you want to pursue a short-term program at a UK university, you can apply for a short-term study visa. This short-term visa allows you to study in UK institutions for upto 6 months. But if you are studying an English language course, you can stay a maximum of 11 months in the UK. To qualify for the short-term visa, you must
- Accepted on a course of study in a UK-recognised institution.
- Have enough funds to cover your cost of study and living costs during the course duration.
- You can pay for the return journey.
Tier 4 General Student Visa
The majority of students who want to study in UK from India for a maximum of three years are eligible for this general visa. You can apply for a Tier 4 visa, If you are 16 or over and
- Have been offered a course of study in the UK.
- Good understanding of English, including reading, writing and speaking.
- Prove that you have enough money to support your tuition fees and costs of living for the duration of your studies.
Documents Required for UK Student Visa
The UK visa authority grants student visas on a point-based system i.e. Student Route. To meet you need to provide the following documents required for UK student visa from India.
- Valid Passport and Copies of the previous visa: Required to verify your identity and nationality for travelling in the UK. Previous visa copies help the authority to understand the history of your travel abroad.
- Passport size photograph: Two passport-size colour photographs not more than 6 years old with a minimum size of 35×45 mm. The head should take approx 75% of the photo.
- Letter of intent: It is one of the highly important documents for a Student Visa. Should be from a UK government-accredited university. It will stand as proof of certainty for your education in UK institutions.
- Proof of funds: This will act as evidence of monetary funds to cover all the expenses during the study.
- Medical Insurance: Medical insurance cover can be bought from several UK healthcare providers. This must be purchased to cover your insurance from the first date of your arrival to the UK.
- Proof of Accomodation: It will confirm the arrangements for your stay during your study in the UK.
- Visa Payment Proof: This document shows that you have paid the visa fees. The payment invoice would suffice. The cost of a Tier 4 visa is around 363 euros.
- Departure Tickets: Flight reservation ticket with the date of your departure to the country.
While submitting the documents required for UK Student Visa from India, make sure that all of them are translated into English. Each of these translated documents must be dated properly including the translator’s signature and the confirmation that all documents are legitimate and original. If you need any help in arranging your documents and translation, connect with the best overseas education consultant now.