Today, in this post, we will guide you on how to reset Orbi and what will happen after performing the reset process. So, we suggest you read the post properly and learn about the reset process of Netgear Orbi.
So, resetting the Orbi WiFi mesh to its factory default setting will clear all the customized settings like password, network name, SSID, and many other things. In short, your Netgear Orbi system will become new.
Process to Reset Netgear Orbi
For your information, there are two most effective methods to reset the Orbi. The name of the methods is soft reset method and hard reset method. By performing one of them, you can reset your Orbi device. If you want to know more about the methods in more detail, then you need to read the upcoming paragraphs. First, we will tell you about the soft reset method which requires the use of the default web address of Orbi.
Soft Reset Method to Reset Netgear Orbi
In this method, you need to perform some steps to reset the Orbi. All the steps are very easy to perform; you just need to understand them. The following points will guide you:
- First, you need to power on your Netgear Orbi.
Note: Make sure the power source is in good condition. Otherwise, you might face issues.
- Connect the Orbi router and host modem with a quality Ethernet cable.
- Now, you need to sync the Orbi router and Orbi satellite properly.
- Once you plug in the Orbi satellite to their respective socket,. you need to press the sync button.
- Thereafter, switch on the system desktop or laptop.
- Use the latest version web browser for further processing.
- You need to insert the default IP or web address into the address bar.
Note: In case you don’t know about the default web address of your Orbi device, then we recommend you take the help of the user manual.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Orbi login panel will open.
- Fill in the on-screen fields with the default username and password.
Make sure you know the default credentials of your respective device. If you don’t know the credentials, then you will not be able to get access to the Orbi admin login page. So, make sure you use the right information.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Netgear Orbi setup wizard will appear.
- Now, go to Advanced Settings.
- A list will open; here you need to select the Reset option.
- Give some time to your device to get reset.
- Once the reset is complete, your device will automatically restart.
Thus, these are the steps of the soft reset method that you need to follow. Now, in the next section, we have elaborated the hard reset method. So, keep reading.
Hard Reset Method to Reset Netgear Orbi
The following steps will assist you:
- Initially, you need to power on your device.
- Now, locate the Reset button at the back side of the Orbi.
- Press the Reset button.
- After that, your device will back to its factory settings and restart automatically.
Thus, these are the steps that you need to perform to resetting your device to its factory settings.
Resetting the Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh to its factory settings is very easy, as mentioned above. Once your device is reset, all the customized settings will get erased automatically. But, you don’t need to worry because later you can set them up again.